Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Only Thirty-nine


No, not my age! Only thirty-nine paintings in 'The People of the Book.' Friends ask, 'Where's No. 40? Who will it be?'

Still don't know. Looking at the wintry weather out there, with 16 inches of snow forecast, I can't get any inspiration right now. I might hire a studio. It was suggested yesterday. It was inspired! Haven't been able to paint since I moved here. Nothing to do with this lovely, warm, safe place. Just me. Artist's block. Lots going on, but God is directing me through it. I added my painting of 'Creation' to this blog to emphasize that. No doubts. I'm on sabbatical at last. Already less tired. Already the plans for my Ph.D. are upside-down and turned around. So the journey will be interesting, as ever. Better than fame or money, but not love. Praying about it. Prepared for surprizes.

No comments: